TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You can self nominate or be nominated by a 3rd party.
- You may enter as many different categories as you wish.
- Any entry that does not comply with category criteria may be disqualified.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Confidentiality: all material will remain confidential to the judges.
- All entrants must be registered practices on the island of Ireland
TERMS & CONDITIONS
You further agree that in participating in the Irish Law Awards 2018 you shall not submit any Communication to Word of Mouth (WOM) Channels that includes or references any one or more of the following:
- information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language or visuals;
- defamatory, libelous, or slanderous content;
- content which infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights;
- content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, and false advertising);
- content that engages in, encourages, advocates, discusses with the intent to commit, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense or would otherwise violate any state, local or international law or rule;
- material or content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group or that is otherwise unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, corporation, or political body;
- content depicting a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresenting a health condition in any way;
- material or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any other third party;
- content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity;
- content or materials intended to create disruption or to mislead others interacting with the Irish Law Awards, such as posting a Communication unrelated to the Irish Law Awards designated topic or theme;
- third-party websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or programming or materials containing any Trojan horses, computer viruses, worms, harmful code, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Ashville Media Group shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove or refuse to post any Communication made pursuant to the Irish Law Awards that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content submission guidelines noted above or any other provision of these Terms & Conditions or to take such action for any other reason it deems appropriate. Ashville Media Group does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Ashville Media Group to edit or delete any Communication that you have submitted. You acknowledge that you, not Ashville Media Group, are responsible for the contents of any Communication(s) and your postings to any WOM Channels. None of the Communications that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Ashville Media Group and its third party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees.
IP AND RIGHT OF PUBLICITY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
By submitting a Communication, you represent and warrant that you have the right to submit the Communication to Ashville Media Group. You also represent and warrant that the Communication is original, was created by you, and does not contain any material or information whose inclusion in the Communication and/or use by Ashville Media Group in connection with Ashville Media Group’s exploitation of the Communication hereunder would violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or persona, right of privacy, moral rights, or other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or violate any law or regulation.
Each Communication submitted by you must consist entirely of material and/or information that are owned by you, including but not limited to any text, music, recordings, illustrations, photographic images, and video graphic clips. By submitting a Communication, you represent and warrant that it does not contain any material or information that is owned or controlled by anyone other than you.
RELEASE AND GRANT OF RIGHTS
For the good and valuable consideration of participating in and receiving the various benefits of the Irish Law Awards through your submission of Communication(s) to WOM Channels, sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant to Ashville Media Group a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Communication(s), in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including, but not limited to, all promotional advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). You also hereby grant to Ashville Media Group an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right to use your name, nickname, user name, biographical information, vocal recordings of you, and/or any illustrations, photographic or video graphic clips, portraits, likenesses or pictures of you or any other indicia of your right of publicity rights (collectively “Your Personal Content”) as contained in your Communication(s) submitted pursuant to Ashville Media Group, in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including, but not limited to, all promotional advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law).You also agree to waive any applicable moral rights to Your Personal Content as contained in your Irish Law Awards Communication(s) for such identified uses. Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of a Communication pursuant to the Irish Law Awards constitutes your agreement that Ashville Media Group is permitted (but is not obligated) to display the Communication online for public viewing and/or comment (whether on Ashville Media Group’s web pages or on third party web pages), to incorporate the Communication in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Communication in all media whether now known or later developed.
By submitting a Communication to a WOM Channel pursuant to the Irish Law Awards, you hereby agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify on behalf of yourself and your successors, assigns and representatives, Ashville Media Group and each of its respective officers, directors and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of such Communication by Ashville Media Group, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or of moral rights, and/or defamation. Without limitation of the foregoing, in no event will you be entitled to, and you waive any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with use of the Communication or Your Personal Content embodied in such Communication or the exploitation of any of the Ashville Media Group’s rights as provided herein.
You are not a professional actor. To your knowledge, the Communication, or any part thereof, that you post to a WOM Channel pursuant to the Irish Law Awards, has not been included in or planned for use in any other advertising or promotional materials.
Your Communication(s) will reflect your honest views and personal experiences with the Irish Law Awards (and you agree, if necessary, to furnish appropriate testimonial affidavits). You will promptly notify Ashville Media Group if your opinion of the Irish Law Awards changes from that which you have expressed in your Communication(s).
You understand that Ashville Media Group is relying upon the foregoing representations and warranties, grants of rights and licenses, and releases in exchange for your participation in the Irish Law Awards. You acknowledge that you may not terminate or rescind the grants of rights and licenses and/or the releases contained herein.
CHOICE OF LAW, VENUE AND JURISDICTION
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland., without regard to its choice of law provisions. You agree that any disputes directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to these Terms & Conditions shall be resolved exclusively in the federal courts. You hereby irrevocably consent to such venue and to the exclusive jurisdiction of any such court over any such dispute. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is determined to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein. These Terms & Conditions set forth the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, may not be changed except by an instrument in writing signed by both parties and supersedes any and all prior agreements between the parties
If you do not agree with the content of these Terms & Conditions and/or do not want your Communication considered for any of Ashville Media Group’s and its brands’ promotional purposes, including but not limited to online and offline advertising materials related to Ashville Media Group and any one or more of its brands, do not check the box below or select the submit button.