The Law Firm of the Year Award honours an outstanding firm of solicitors who are accepted as having demonstrated an exceptional achievement or achievements in the law in 2017.
*This year this category will be broken down regionally. Winners will be announced for each region: Dublin (incl. City and County), Leinster (excluding Dublin), Munster, Connacht/Ulster, who will then go forward for the overall award.
To nominate a firm in these categories the principal practice office must be based within the selected region. You can also directly enter the overall “Law Firm of the Year” category.
As well as celebrating exceptional achievement or achievements, this award will publicise the award-winning law firm as epitomising the ideals of the legal profession.
The criteria which the judging panel will consider, which are not in any sense to be considered absolute or exhaustive, include the following:
- Quality of legal services offered;
- Extent of delivery of the concept of excellence in client care;
Depth of expertise within the firm; which may be in a specialised area;
- ‘Empowerment’ of employees (including staff development and training schemes) to enable staff to provide a sense of excellence in the provision of legal services to the client;
- Effective communications with clients and – where applicable – the wider community;
- Pro bono initiatives/services to the local community;
- ‘Work’ processes, management of the provision of legal services and use of technology;
- Significance of an achievement or achievements, where relevant and appropriate, referred to in any nomination.