The Law Firm of the Year Award honours an outstanding firm of solicitors who are accepted as having demonstrated in an exemplary manner an exceptional achievement or achievements in the law in 2016.
As well as celebrating exceptional achievement or achievements, this award will publicise the award-winning law firm as epitomising the ideals of the legal profession in Ireland.
The criteria which the judging panel will consider, which are not in any sense to be considered absolute or exhaustive, include the following:
- Quality of legal services offered;
- Extent of delivery of the concept of excellence in client care;
- Depth of expertise within the firm;
- ‘Empowerment’ of employees (including staff development and training schemes) to enable staff to provide a sense of excellence in the provision of legal services to the client;
- Effective communications with clients and – where applicable – the wider community;
- ‘Work’ processes, management of the provision of legal services and use of technology;
- Pro bono initiatives/services to the local community;
- Significance of an achievement or achievements, where relevant and appropriate, referred to in any nomination.